IRCares, the service branch of the IR club, was founded back in 2007 in an effort to expand the outreach of the club. Each year we choose a different NGO (non-government organization) to raise money and awareness for, both at our conferences and throughout the William & Mary community. Our most popular fundraising event is the Developing World Gallery, which showcases photographs taken by students during their travels and seeks to provoke discussion about the way we represent the developing world. Additionally, we raise money at all 3 of our conferences, while spreading the world about our cause to delegates from different schools. No matter the fundraiser, 100% of our profits go towards the organizations we support. Click on the links below to learn about the groups we’ve partnered with over the years and see how you can help!
- 2007 – 2008: CARE – www.care.org
- 2008 – 2009: Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) – www.msf.org
- 2009 – 2010: Practical Small Projects – www.practicalsmallprojects.com
- 2010 – 2011: Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) – www.msf.org
- 2011 – 2013: charity: water – www.charitywater.org
- 2013 – 2014: COPE – www.copelaos.org
- 2014 – 2015: Kiva – www.kiva.org
- 2015-2016: Building Goodness Foundation http://www.buildinggoodness.org
- 2016-2017: TBA
If you have any questions or would like to collaborate with us in the future, please feel free to email Leigh Seitz, the Service Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.