IRC Cares was founded in 2007, as part of a club-wide initiative to raise money for various pressing international concerns. Every year the club chooses a new NGO (non-governmental organization) to support, fundraising throughout the year in creative and innovative ways – such as a silent auction of members’ international photos which have been professionally developed. Here are the organization that the International Relations Club has been proud to support. Click on the links to learn more about each organization and how you can help!
- 2007 – 2008: CARE – www.care.org
- 2008 – 2009: Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) – www.msf.org
- 2009 – 2010: Practical Small Projects – www.practicalsmallprojects.com
- 2010 – 2011: Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) – www.msf.org
- 2011 – 2012: charity: water – www.charitywater.org
- 2012 – 2013: charity: water - www.charitywater.org
- 2013 – 2014: COPE – www.copelaos.org
- 2014 – 2015: Kiva – www.kiva.org
During the year, there will be many opportunities to participate in service activities in the local community. The IRC is especially interested in partnering with other groups in the Williamsburg and campus community to further the mission of IRC Cares and other service-minded groups. If you have any questions or would like to collaborate with IRC Cares, please email our Service Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org for an informative response.